I’m very excited to be joining Indie Life. The second Wednesday of every month a group of indie writers post on things related to being an indie author.
When it comes to being an indie author, I feel like a baby. I’ve only been published just over two months. The decisions to self-publish was only about seven months ago. There’s still so much out there to learn and do. But I love it! So I’m starting my first Indie Life post with my top five reasons I find joy in being an indie, in no particular order. And yes, some of these are applicable whether you’re traditionally or indie published.
- Control. Yup. I’m a control freak and being able to have control over all the little details makes me giddy. Okay, fine, it also brings the occasional headache, but overall I love it.
- Support. I’ve been very blessed to be surrounded by family, friends, and other writers who have whole-heartedly supported my decision to self-publish. Knowing those around are behind the choices I make, even when I announce I’m taking the indie route, makes me thankful.
- Connections. Between other authors, book bloggers, and readers, I love the way I get to connect with other people as an indie.
- Flexibility. I love that I can maneuver however I want/need to. Like releasing a prequel. I didn’t think that would come until later, but readers wanted to know more about a character and I’m so happy to give it to them sooner instead of later.
- Dream. I get to live my dream every. Single. Day. Yes, sometimes it gets exhausting to write/edit/market/ect. but on the whole, I’m so happy to share my stories with others!